Tuesday 21 February 2012

First OF July!

It was the right month, awaiting for a year which had arrived. Yes, 1st July..Guess What??CANADA DAY!! As we all Canadians know how a carnival goes in Canada, so i could not wait for Noon to arrive.My mom was at work and she had vowed me that she will pick me around 12pm. Tick, Tick, Tick the clock hand goes 360 degrees many time. I got ready in my green,beautiful, sparkly  dress. To match with it, my Gran had sprayed little green spray on my  hair to give it a fancy  look, and tied a green ribbon with a ponytail.My dad had given me a real emerald which was secured in a black box hidden behind my clothes. I wore it to match it with my dress.PEEP! PEEP!
I heard the horn of my car, i ran outside and sat at the backseat and we were ready to go!
Oh boy! There was loud music heard up til  the street. We parked our car and joined the celebration. I bought a funky Canada hat and glasses.Then , i saw a Helter-Skelter! I couldn't resist, i left my mom's hand and just ran towards it!
I waited and waited and waited in line when my turn came and the big sulky man asked for money. He had sent me back and when i came near the ice-cream stand(where we were standing) I couldnt see my mom! My heart had missed a beat. I was crowded  by big aunties bottoms and old mans bodies! I started  whining, my eyes were teary and i was stiff.
When i heard an announcement, i thought my name was being echoed near the stage. I ran towards it and stepped on the stage, so my mother could see me  from all angles. But it was a quite long time, she didn't arrive. I thought i was alone but when my mom came rushing to me like i was a lion's pray. I gave her the tightest hugs and cried. She bought me an ice-cream and and the Ice-cream song wan went home!

No comments:

Post a Comment